Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Love my Grandma and all the people

Several days ago, I watched a video that was posted by a few of my friends.

It was captioned "GUYS JUST TAKE 3 MIN AND 7 SECONDS FROM YOUR BUSY LIFE TO SEE THIS VIDEO...... PLZZZZ...‌"

Watch the video here: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=130929080292037

It moved me.

I decided to look more into this matter and read up about charity water.

Seeing other people living without safe water to drink made me feel compelled to do something.

Tomorrow is my Grandmother's 74th birthday and I bought an eCard for $20 and 100% of it will contribute towards well drilling.

This is how it looks like.

20 US Dollars can provide one person with clean water in a developing country for 20 years.

Spread the Love.

My Grandma and I last month when she took care of me because I was having Chicken Pox

Happy Birthday 婆婆!

Watch the video here: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=130929080292037

If you decide you want to donate or buy a card for someone:http://www.charitywater.org/donate/

Video posted by: Danisha Kaura

Friends who shared the link as of 19/10/2010 : Glen Choo, Nigel Law, Aamir, Liu Wen Hang, Lim Wei Sern, Jennifer Ooi, Sim Li Qian, Lee Chun How, Yiap Fu Hui, Lennard Chua, Leiah Wan, Steve Koay, Tzeyee Lee, Teoh Chin Yee and Luisa Lee.

I used to think it is better to donate anonymously and my dad told me that it is about intent. If we do a good deed and show off to boost our ego, then it is of no good, If we are sharing a good deed that we did to encourage other people to do it and its great. So let's spread the kindness!


No comments: